Saturday, January 01, 2005

We blog to be heard and to hear

Or so I think.

I'd better get the introduction over with first, I'm the other half of the Universe, and Linn has kindly asked me to participate with her in this project.

I had something wonderful all thought out carefully before I started typing but it seems to have evaporated. I do down-to-earth nicely which is probably a good thing because all the intellectual thoughts are gone for the moment.

I do believe that there is great value in blogging, and in being able to read the sort of thoughts that people give us the chance to see, thoughts that we'd not have any access to otherwise. Confessional, on occasion, fraught... certainly, and also deeply personal and enlightening. I almost always find as much of myself in other people and their thoughts as I ever do when I'm trying to compose something worth putting out for others to read. You'll find as you read my messages, I'm a deeply personal blogger, I tell a lot about myself and in return I hope to find out more about those who come here or who lead me astray to other blogs.

I love blogging, I love reading blogs; and having a chance to make lists of the ones that are interesting, worthwhile or simply useful is something I know I will enjoy.

And for the first review, I'd like to point out a lovely site with a wealth of not only information but also a sense of communal enjoyment of life and the beauty that surrounds us in even the most simple items.

Sharon B gives us so much in a beautifully framed blog 'In a Minute Ago'. It's more than just a textile blog, it's far more than a compilation of the best others offer, it's a chat with a friend and a cup of tea, a few of the special 'visitor's biscuits' that are always kept in a tin for the cherished guest. I spend a lot of time reading through the comments and offerings on this blog, and when I click on a link to find something unexpected and amazing, I'm always drawn back to the start to see what else is on offer. And it's always wonderful. Thanks, Sharon. And you can have my extra snow any time!

-Su

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home